Company
 
 
 
  

History

The Reitz success story begins in 1946 when Hermann Reitz founds the company and the first stone quarry in the local sub-district of Asslar is opened.

 
 

When Egbert Reitz assumes responsibility for the fate of the family company in 1984 he is already the 3rd generation to do so. In his capacity as Technical Manager he is responsible for production which focuses on the manufacture of industrially-produced natural stone components.

 
 

The founding of E. Reitz Natursteintechnik (natural-stone engineering) in 1987 is an important milestone in the history of the Reitz Group. The company specialises in planning, designing and manufacturing high precision granite machine components.

 
 

In 1995 the machine park in the surface-grinding, drilling and milling areas is enlarged in order to increase production capacities.

 
 

In 2006 for the very first time the Reitz Group starts developing and selling not just machine components, but entire mechanical engineering solutions at Reitz. At the time it is an important cornerstone of the Group of companies, and still is today.

 
 

In May 2008 another production hall with an 800 square-metre fully air-conditioned class 0 metrology room is put into operation.

 
 

The Reitz Group again enlarges its portfolio by investing in Bögl Reitz GmbH in 2009. Besides products made from natural hard rock, now customers can be offered machine components made from high performance concrete as an alternative.

 
 

By taking out a participating interest in the newly founded KARE Granitwerk GmbH in Schrems in Lower Austria, in 2013 the Reitz Group opens up another source for materials. The undressed blocks of fine-grained granite can be further processed into plates and slices directly on-site.

 
 
 
Historische Luftaufnahme des Firmengeländes in Aßlar